Monday, August 11, 2008

It was bound to happen.

I am living on my own... again... this time in a rental house about three blocks from where I spent my summer months. If I am to get one of the four available positions in the Communication Department, then I'm going to need to be able to be here five days a week otherwise the money I'll be making will just be burnt up in the gas tank. I'm living with three other guys in a run-down old house. Yes, it's a rat trap, but it's cheap and I really have no other choice until something better might possibly open up. I need to be able to get on my feet financially, at least to the point where I can keep gas in the car and if I want to treat myself to someone nice every once in a while, I can. Of course, the bills and rent go without saying. My mother wanted me to be financially secure. Unfortunately she didn't get a chance to help me get started in the right direction. I'm having to learn all of this on my own. It's sink or swim. Oh well.

I like my roommates alright. Justice is my closest friend though, and it was my initial idea for him to move in here. He's been out of touch for a few days however. Maybe he'll come around today. The lease needs to be signed and he needs to be present. Al is good people too. Always interesting to talk to. Sometimes he has bizarre times to decide to hold conversations and is a little bit pushy, but he is good people. John, the final roommate, is rather bizarre. I like him alright too, but as weird as I am, he seems to get on my nerves. I've found myself even going off on him after a while. It gets so frustrating. I just want my privacy at times and he refuses me that. If the door is closed, either knock or come back later. I don't want to have to deal with people. Don't just enter arbitrarily. That pisses me off. And if I'm off my meds for a few days, I might want to kill you.

Anyway... I think it'll be an alright living situation. I just need to be close to where I'll be working and I don't really need that much stuff in my room. It'll be just about like when I was living at Wesley, but at least I'm not surrounded by stuck-up cookie cutter assholes who think they're running a country club and not a christian organization.

I guess that's all for now. toodles.

No comments: