Monday, September 8, 2008

ALL BARK AND NO BITE (AN OBSERVATION)

(Disclaimer: This is not intended to go out and get people to start brawls and riots and etc. This is purely an observation and hopefully will get people to look at themselves and reflect on past, present, and future actions.)

Look, I've been here since fall of 2004, and one thing that I have noticed is that a heaping portion of smack-talking has been dished out to people more times that the "park in the red, not the blue nor the white" song we learned in Orientation. someone has a beef against someone, so they start with the "I'm gonna beat his ass" song and dance, and then the other one gets wind and is all like "Bring it on, bitch!" and it goes back and forth with other people playing as the messengers. Before it's all said and done, nothing happens and both parties act like nothing happened. Of course, the outsides still hear the same shit coming from both sides for ages afterwards, but none of them ever come to fruition and are nothing more than brain farts.

I am no advocate of violence of any sort, but I am also no advocate for bullshitting people and not having anything to back it up with. Don't talk smack around me about anyone whether they are your friend or not (or whatever they are) don't expect me to NOT tell the other person involved if they are my friend (because bullshit or not, any threat of bodily harm should not be taken lightly.) and most importantly, don't pussy out of it. That's what I hate more than everything. Every single solitary time I've heard an "I'm gonna put him in the morgue" rant, neither side ever follows through with it but they continue with the same childish bullshit in order to make themselves look like they're fucking badasses. 

The bottom line: the "fucking badasses" are the ones who never actually follow through with the threats because that is their primary form of attack. If they really actually followed through with it, they wouldn't find the need to boast about it. The ones who say nothing about it are the ones who will not say a word about beating someone's ass. When they see fit to do it, they will just do it, and they won't warn a soul about doing it beforehand. 

And in closing, I would like to say that in my bloodthirsty mind, I'm still waiting for that fucking fight to break out. which it never has, and probably never will. Because nobody seems to have the balls to actually take the first swing. And it's probably for the best that they don't.

No comments: